There are numerous reasons why you should run a PPC (pay-per-click) campaign to promote your business. PPC campaigns are inexpensive and work wonders when you need a jump start. If you’re already working to earn traffic via SEO and other means, adding a PPC campaign to your marketing mix will bring added attention and energy to your offerings.
1. Control Your Brand’s Message – When someone conducts a search of your business, they may find information that isn’t the first thing you want them to find. But, if you run a PPC campaign, that will be listed first and help you control better the message you want out there about your business.
2. Rise in the Search Engine Results – Your SERPS are important, and if they’re slacking you can bring them back up with a well-planned PPC campaign. Not only will searchers see the organic search results, but they’ll see the paid ones as well. This means that they’ll see you a lot more.
3. Your Competition Is Doing It – If you don’t run PPC campaigns, you’re going to be left behind by those who do. Your competition is running PPC ads right now, and due to that they’re likely outselling you many times over.
4. It’s Inexpensive Relatively Speaking – PPC is not expensive. You have a lot of control over the budget. In fact, having a small budget can actually help you be more successful because you’re going to be careful about how much you put into it, only increasing your ad runs when you see a ROI.
5. Fast-Track Buying Choices – Your customers are someplace in the buying cycle and decision-making process. If you run PPC ads you can speed up that cycle exponentially, causing them to buy faster than if you stick to organic means.
6. Paid Traffic Converts – Even though earned traffic is awesome, you have to get a lot more earned traffic before conversions take place than when you pay for it. This is true with one caveat, and that is ensuring that your ads are targeted and well planned out.
7. Promote New Products or Services – When you decide to switch things up and promote something brand new to an entirely new audience, running a PPC campaign is a fast way to get up to speed in the new niche.
8. Build Your Email List Fast – Anytime you want to freshen up your email list by adding new members to it, you can do it easily by running a PPC campaign designed to get more subscribers by marketing a white paper or other type of free offer.
9. Damage Control – Is bad press getting you down? You can use PPC to cover up and push down bad press in the search engine results. Just run multiple PPC campaigns using Google AdWords and Yahoo! Bing Network, using the terms that the bad press is attracting. In this way you can push the bad press out.
10. Building Traffic – Pay per click is an excellent way to build traffic to your website. What’s more, you can choose the targeted traffic you want to be taken to your website, which will build up the traffic with more responsive visitors.
Running a PPC campaign can jump-start or refresh your marketing efforts, no matter what kind of business you have. PPC works wonders if you take the time to learn about your audience, understand your goals, and place the campaign where your audience goes.